Brian's Wild Mushroom Pizza
- Pre-made or homemade pizza dough
- 1 1/2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 8 ozs chanterelle (or other wild) mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 cup equal parts mozzarella, fontina and parmesan cheese, grated
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Saute mushrooms in about 1 tsp olive oil and set aside. Roll out the pizza dough and drizzle it with olive oil. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes. Spread a thin layer of sautéed wild mushrooms onto the pizza dough. Sprinkle with the marjoram. Cover with a light layer of the blended cheeses. Cook in the oven for about 10 minutes, just long enough for the pizza dough to cook through and the cheese to melt.
Slice and enjoy with a garden salad and a bottle of Talley Vineyards Pinot Noir.