Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- AVOCADO SALSA
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 3 mild peppers such as cherry or banana peppers seeded, deveined and diced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Mix the salt, coriander, cumin, paprika, onion and pepper together. Rub the salmon with olive oil and the seasoning mix, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Pre-heat the grill to medium heat.
Combine the avocado, onion, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt in a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Grill the salmon to desired doneness, do not overcook.
Serve the salmon topped with the avocado salsa.