Brian Talley's Guacamole
- 3 medium-size ripe Hass avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 small ripe tomato, chopped (optional)
- Kosher salt
Combine garlic, cilantro, half the jalapeño, and tomato, if desired, in a bowl large enough to accommodate finished guacamole. Add avocados, leaving the mixture as chunky as possible. Add half the lemon juice and salt to taste. Depending on how spicy you like it, add more jalapeño. Add more lemon juice if needed.
Wine pairing: With the guacamole you can serve either Mexican beer or a crisp Central Coast Chardonnay.