Join Our Team
Talley Vineyards currently has job openings for the following position listed below. If we do not have a specific position you are looking for open currently, please feel free to forward your resume to Human Resources for any future openings.
Tasting Room Manager
Talley Vineyards is seeking an enthusiastic, customer-focused Tasting Room Manager to oversee our day-to-day Tasting Room operations and staff. We are looking for someone with a strong desire to go above and beyond our customers’ expectations to provide an unforgettable experience. This person will be able to convey our story and the significance of our wines while modeling superior customer service. This person will be professional, organized, hard-working, and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The schedule for this position is Tuesday – Saturday. Holidays are required.
- Direct, guide, and motivate all tasting room staff
- Prepare and distribute bi-weekly schedule
- Complete performance reviews of tasting room staff
- Determine hiring needs, work with HR for hiring and training
- Conduct monthly staff meetings with an emphasis on continuing education
Wine Sales and Budget
- Make recommendations to generate new business
- Regularly communicate with staff regarding goals and performance
- Update tasting flights based on budgetary goals
- Ensure sales goals are met while adhering to budget
- Monitor all tasting room metrics
- Wine inventory management and reconciliation
- Plan and order merchandise displays
- Merchandise inventory reconciliation
- Highly visible on the tasting room floor
- Schedule and facilitate tours, group tastings, and private events
- Willingness to attend on and offsite events, meetings, and trainings
- Assist in phone coverage
- Create a culture of exceptional service
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of management experience in a hospitality or sales setting
- At least one year of experience in a winery tasting room
Please send resume and cover letter to HR@talleyvineyards.com
Tasting Room Attendant
Talley Vineyards is seeking enthusiastic individuals to assist customers in our tasting room. Our Tasting Room Attendants provide a welcoming atmosphere for our guests, with quality and knowledgeable service in a fast-paced environment. They promote the sale of wine and non-wine merchandise sold in the Tasting Room. This position involves pouring wine as well as describing the wines, wine club, winery history and providing general tourist information.
Tasting Room Attendants also work special events such as our wine club events.
This is a part-time position, 2-3 days a week, holiday availability is required.
Applicants should have recent restaurant and/or bar/tasting room experience, wine knowledge, a positive attitude, and a desire to go above and beyond to help our guests have an amazing experience at our winery.
- 1-2 years of hospitality experience
- Basic wine knowledge
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
Please email your resume to our Tasting Room Manager or drop it off in person at our tasting room, 3031 Lopez Dr., Arroyo Grande. Our tasting room is open daily from 10:30 AM - 4:30 PM.