Join Our Team
We are always striving to find talented employees to join our team at Talley Vineyards. We currently have job openings for the following position listed below. To apply, submit your resume to Human Resources.
The Production Assistant carries out winemaking, cellar, and warehouse duties in the best and most efficient way possible, consistent with Talley Vineyards’ overall Mission and guiding principle, and as directed by the Winemaker, Cellar Master, or Enologist. This person receives, blends, and processes wine and provides cleanup of equipment. This is a physically demanding position with routine overtime required during harvest and bottling season.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following and other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proper set up, use, sanitation, and maintenance of all cellar equipment including pumps, filters and crush equipment.
- Basic wine movements/grape handling - empty and fill tanks and barrels, top barrels, transfer wine, load and unload tanker trucks, load presses, sort grapes, punch downs and pump overs.
- Operate a forklift with barrels and case goods.
- Perform computer, manual, and clerical duties related to the shipment & receipt of wines, materials, supplies & equipment
- Communication – Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions, to take direction then work independently or in a team.
- Teamwork/Partnering – Serves as an effective team player to accomplish goals and resolve problems.
- Accountability/Integrity – Makes commitments and is willing to be judged against them. Trustworthy with high integrity.
- Resource Management –Uses available resources efficiently (e.g., time, materials, equipment). Suggests ways to improve efficiency or quality.