Join Our Team
Talley Vineyards currently has job openings for the following positions listed below. If we do not have a specific position you are looking for open currently, please feel free to forward your resume to us for any future jobs at HR@TalleyVineyards.com.
Tasting Room Attendant
Talley Vineyards is seeking enthusiastic individuals to assist customers in our tasting room. Our Tasting Room Attendants provide a welcoming atmosphere for our guests, with quality and knowledgeable service in a fast-paced environment. They promote the sale of wine and non-wine merchandise sold in the Tasting Room. This position involves pouring wine as well as describing the wines, wine club, winery history and providing general tourist information. Tasting Room Attendants also work special events such as our pick-up parties for our wine club members. This is a part-time position, 3-4 days a week. Holiday availability is required.
Applicants should have recent restaurant and/or bar/tasting room experience, wine knowledge, a positive attitude, and a desire to go above and beyond to help our guests have an amazing experience at our winery.
- 1-2 years of hospitality experience
- Basic wine knowledge
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
Tasting Room Lead Attendant (Full-Time)
In addition to all duties of the Tasting Room Attendant, the Lead will also perform a wide variety of complex tasks and participate in the analysis, design and implementation of policies and programs in coordination with TR Management. The TR Lead Attendant serves as a floor superviser and assists in training new staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following as well as all duties of a TR Attendant. The Tasting Room Lead will help supervise the tasting room staff, ensure that operations run smoothly, and assist the Tasting Room Manager. This position may also help with the coordination of events:
- Provide leadership, guidance, and ongoing training to current TR staff members and new hire training as well.
- Review the daily envelope contents and resolve any discrepancies, while working closely with the DTC team.
- Management of tasting room cash, including reconciling the petty cash weekly, submitting change orders, and processing biweekly deposits.
- Maintain adequate level of TR supplies and order appropriately.
- Maintain adequate levels of wine and merchandise inventory by conducting bimonthly physical inventory counts under supervision of TR manager, and processing warehouse transfers.
- Update (as needed) any TR forms, signage, and menus that are used in the TR.
- Actively update ABC Legislation and inform staff of any changes.
- Responsible for TR and employees in absence of TR Manager.
- Assist with event planning and implementation, under direction of Tasting Room Manager/Event Coordinator.
- Work with Tasting Room Manager in assessment of any adverse behaviors of staff members and assist with development of resolutions.
- Conduct comprehensive estate tour and tastes, as well as private tastings.
- Assist in answering incoming phone calls.
- Schedule group tasting appointments or tours.
- Attend any Talley Vineyards staff meetings and DTC meetings as requested.
- Represent Talley Vineyards at external events as a brand ambassador.
- 1-2 years in supervisory position
- 1 year of sales experience preferred
- Associates Degree or higher
- Experience in winery, hospitality or customer service is required.
- Comprehensive wine knowledge and excellent customer service is essential.
- Experience with POS or similar register system a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Leadership – Able to inspire, influence, and enable others to achieve a specific mission. Drive for results/initiative.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manger; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
Communication – Able to effectively communicate through all levels of the organization and with the outside world. Verbal and written communication is equally important.
Teamwork/Partnering – Serves as an effective team player. Works effectively with others to accomplish goals and resolve problems.
Accountability/Integrity – Makes commitments and is willing to be judged against them. Trustworthy with high integrity.
Adaptability – Ability to be flexible when changes occur. Able to anticipate and bring about change when needed.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time. Ability to pour accurate amounts of wine. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position works in a hospitality/retail/customer service environment. The noise level is low to moderate but may be loud on occasion. This position works mostly indoors but may also assist customers outdoors at times.
This may be a full-time or a part-time position dependent on the needs of Talley Vineyards. The standard work shifts are 8 hours on varying days of the week.
Please send resume and cover letter to HR@talleyvineyards.com or drop off in person at our Tasting Room, 3031 Lopez Dr., Arroyo Grande. Our tasting room is open daily from 10:30am-4:30pm.