Join Our Team
Talley Vineyards is seeking a Warehouse Coordinator who will be responsible for shipping and receiving all goods. The Warehouse Coordinator works closely with all departments to coordinate and implement accurate shipping, receiving, distribution and inventory control.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Reading bills of lading, staging orders, loading/unloading trucks.
- Printing & packing wine orders, coordinating shipping.
- Inventory control & wine transfers.
- Receive and distribute FEDEX, UPS, and other shipments to in-house personnel.
- Coordinate wine samples and maintain sample log.
- Maintaining and organizing the warehouse, monitor temperature control.
- Purchasing packaging materials.
- Fluent in English.
- Have basic knowledge of Microsoft excel, word and outlook.
- Basic math skills to count and reconcile inventory.
- Possess a great attention to detail.
- Be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Must be an experienced forklift operator.
- At least one year of warehouse experience.
- Good communication & organizational skills.
- Wine knowledge is preferable.
- Full time position with 401K and benefits package.
- Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
- We will conduct a background check upon job offer.
Please submit cover letter & resume by email to email@example.com
Wine Club & E-Commerce Coordinator
Talley Vineyards is seeking an experienced Wine Club and E-commerce Coordinator to join our team. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
Under the direction of the Direct Sales Manager, the Wine Club and E-Commerce Coordinator oversees all aspects of shipping wine orders, both club and daily. This position is responsible for the updating and maintenance of the company website, as well as supporting direct sales technology programs. This position also assists customers via telephone to answer questions, place orders, and provide general customer service.
Manage Daily Wine Orders and Club Shipping Orders
- Fully process orders received via website, phone, email, or other.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Clerk regarding packing and shipping of orders.
- Create paperwork necessary for shipping, i.e. invoices and shipping labels.
- Maintain proper customer order records and respond to customer needs.
- Incentivize orders through shipping carrots and promotions.
- Work with customer, shipping carrier, and fulfillment location on held, redirected, mis-shipped, damaged, and returned shipments.
- Coordinate with fulfillment house regarding dates, SKUs, pricing, quantities, and other necessary shipment information
- Work with customer and Warehouse Clerk to take care of returned shipments
- Solicit and complete corporate orders.
- Research ecommerce best practices and look for opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain relationships with direct to consumer partners, such as Vin65, Wine Direct, Shipcompliant, VinoPro, and VingDirect.
Support of Wine Club
- Assist wine club members with changing allocations, updating contact information, and changing membership status
- Update website and POS with club specific wine and shipping promos
- Assist with wine club processing, especially in terms of shipping needs and response to customer inquiries
- Coordinate with fulfillment house regarding club shipment dates, SKUs, pricing, quantities, and other necessary information
Update Company Website
- Add wine products as needed.
- Delete sold out wines according to criteria.
- Update monthly featured wine and home page message
- Add and update events page as needed.
- Post reviews and trade information.
- Coordinate biweekly blog: schedule contributors, post blog on schedule.
- Update all verbiage as requested.
- Double check for accuracy of all posted information.
- Assist with phones as needed.
- Work at consumer events as needed.
- Back up tasting room when needed.
- Ensure good customer relationships and satisfaction of customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in an administrative or technical field
- 2+ years in the wine industry
- Proficiency in computer programs: Microsoft Office, Vin65, ShipCompliant
- Experience with web design
Harvest Internship 2017
Talley Vineyards is seeking three enthusiastic full time interns to join our production staff for the 2017 harvest. We produce about 30,000 cases of wine annually focusing on Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Sauvignon Blanc from our 150 acre vineyard. You will participate in all aspects of winemaking from primary processing to barrel. You will be asked to perform cellar tasks in a fast-paced environment. Being a strong member of our team means that you have to take initiative and are willing to do whatever tasks are needed for smooth operation of our facility. This is a great opportunity for students currently studying enology/viticulture to gain some valuable experience or for you to get exposed to the California wine industry. Strong verbal communication skills are a must to succeed in this fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General sanitation of winery - equipment and barrels
- Assist in receiving, weighing, sorting and processing fruit
- Pump operation
- Performing punch downs and pump-overs
- Transfer of wine and juice from tank to tank
- Removing pomace from tanks and press
- Press operation
- Barrel filling and topping
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Other cellar work as assigned
- Fork Lift experience preferred but not required
- Previous winery experience preferred but not required
Time Frame/Working Hours:
- This position begins approximately early July, 2017 and will complete in late November, 2017 to early December. Student interns should expect to take fall quarter off to complete this internship.
- Work will usually begin around 7:00 AM; though harvest conditions dictate flexibility, and can include early mornings (i.e. 4 a.m.), partial shifts and weekends. Punctuality is a must. Overtime is mandatory.
Please email cover letter and resume to HR@talleyvineyards.com.