Join Our Team
Harvest Internship 2017
Talley Vineyards is seeking three enthusiastic full time interns to join our production staff for the 2017 harvest. We produce about 30,000 cases of wine annually focusing on Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Sauvignon Blanc from our 150 acre vineyard. You will participate in all aspects of winemaking from primary processing to barrel. You will be asked to perform cellar tasks in a fast-paced environment. Being a strong member of our team means that you have to take initiative and are willing to do whatever tasks are needed for smooth operation of our facility. This is a great opportunity for students currently studying enology/viticulture to gain some valuable experience or for you to get exposed to the California wine industry. Strong verbal communication skills are a must to succeed in this fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General sanitation of winery - equipment and barrels
- Assist in receiving, weighing, sorting and processing fruit
- Pump operation
- Performing punch downs and pump-overs
- Transfer of wine and juice from tank to tank
- Removing pomace from tanks and press
- Press operation
- Barrel filling and topping
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Other cellar work as assigned
- Fork Lift experience preferred but not required
- Previous winery experience preferred but not required
Time Frame/Working Hours:
- This position begins approximately early July, 2017 and will complete in late November, 2017 to early December. Student interns should expect to take fall quarter off to complete this internship.
- Work will usually begin around 7:00 AM; though harvest conditions dictate flexibility, and can include early mornings (i.e. 4 a.m.), partial shifts and weekends. Punctuality is a must. Overtime is mandatory.
Please email cover letter and resume to HR@talleyvineyards.com.