Join Our Team
Talley Vineyards currently has job openings for the following positions listed below. Please email your resume to Human Resources to apply.
If we do not have a specific position you are looking for currently open, please feel free to send your resume to our Human Resourses for future consideration.
The Production Assistant carries out winemaking, cellar, and warehouse duties in the best and most efficient way possible, consistent with Talley Vineyards’ overall Mission and guiding principle, and as directed by the Winemaker, Cellar Master, or Enologist. This person receives, blends, and processes wine and provides cleanup of equipment. This is a physically demanding position with routine overtime required during harvest and bottling season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proper set up, use, sanitation, and maintenance of all cellar equipment including pumps, filters and crush equipment.
- Basic wine movements/grape handling - empty and fill tanks and barrels, top barrels, transfer wine, load and unload tanker trucks, load presses, sort grapes, punch downs and pump overs.
- Operate a forklift with barrels and case goods.
- Perform computer, manual, and clerical duties related to the shipment & receipt of wines, materials, supplies & equipment.
- Communication – Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions, to take direction then work independently or in a team.
- Teamwork/Partnering – Serves as an effective team player to accomplish goals and resolve problems.
- Accountability/Integrity – Makes commitments and is willing to be judged against them. Trustworthy with high integrity.
- Resource Management –Uses available resources efficiently (e.g., time, materials, equipment). Suggests ways to improve efficiency or quality.
- Adaptability – Ability to be flexible when changes occur. Willingness to increase knowledge of winery cellar activities and equipment.
- Perseverance--Ability to work long hours during harvest and bottling season, stand for long hours.
- Forklift certified
- Basic math skills to count & reconcile inventory
- Bilingual language skills preferred
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook
Must be able to lift 60 pounds on a regular basis and to operate a manual pallet jack, dolly, and forklift. Must be able to perform punch downs during harvest.
This position works within a production environment, around machinery and in an industrial setting. Work may be conducted both indoors and outdoors. The noise level varies and may be moderate to loud. This is a full-time position. The standard work schedule is 7AM-3:30PM, Monday-Friday, with 30 minutes for lunch. During harvest season, employees may work at night and will be required to work overtime. During bottling times, employees are required to work overtime.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.