Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 large Eggplant, diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black peper
- 12 ozs package Chevre (spreadable goat cheese)
- 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh marjoram, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 crushty sandwich rolls, split horizontally
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the bell peppers, eggplant, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Arrange the mixture in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven until all vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the Chevre, lemon juice, marjoram and red pepper flakes.
Remove the soft bread from the bottom half of the sandwich rolls, making a cavity in each. Fill each of the cavities with equal parts of the vegetable mixture. Spread the Chevre mixture on the top halves of each roll. Place a top on each bottom half of the sandwich roll.
These sandwiches are delicious served either warm or at room temperature. Either way, we recommend opening a bottle of Talley Vineyards Estate Pinot Noir and enjoying with friends and family.